As this post deviates from my usual social media/PR topic areas, I thought it best to provide some background before diving in. “Seven Things You May Or May Not Know About Me” is a game that has been circulating around the blogosphere. Bloggers are asked to both reveal seven things about themselves others may not know, and to tag seven other bloggers.
I was tagged by Dirk Singer over at This Is Herd. Dirk is a social media guru across the pond. He not only runs an award winning agency (Cow), but he has an outstanding blog that is updated daily. I subscribed to his blog about two months ago. I think you all should, too.
7 Things About Me
- I am a classically trained violinist. I played for nine years when I was a kid, but had to give it up when I went to college. I still play now and then but am not half as good as I used to be. My mom, coincidentally, is a violin teacher. She was never mine.
- Speaking of music: I hate video games but am currently, stupidly addicted to Guitar Hero and Guitar Hero World Tour. In one week alone, I have beaten the drums and guitar on easy and am halfway through the medium level. I am now restricting myself from the game until after my daughter goes to bed. (I know, sad.) BTW, the drums are more fun.
- I used to compete in speech and debate on a national level in both high school and college. My events were Lincoln Douglas Debate, Team (college), and Impromptu. After I was done competing, I spent two years coaching. I still live for a good argument.
- I read every night before I go to bed. Reading helps me relax.
- I believe life is what you make of it. If you choose to be happy and put one foot in front of the other, good things will come. If you choose to stay in bed, life will be harder. I live in the land of positive thinking.
- When I was very little, my Grandpa used to tell me “The more you know, the more you know you don’t know.” I know now that he was very right. Whether talking about social media, being a parent, or any subject, there is always so much to learn. I am always seeking knowledge.
- I moved a lot as a kid. I lived in 3 states, 5 houses, went to 19 schools!!!
Now it’s your turn! I want to hear from you! My seven are:
Lindsay Maines: http://rockandrollmama.com/
Sean Percival: http://www.seanpercival.com/
Dan Tentler: http://atenlabs.com/blog/
Christine Putnam: http://somedayistoday.wordpress.com/
Jillanne Emerson: http://nycmoments.wordpress.com/
Rebecca Rose: http://asgideajournal.wordpress.com/
Tina Wilmott: http://tinawilmott.com/
Here are the rules:
* Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
* Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
* Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
* Let them know they’ve been tagged